Spring & Summer Fashion Collections (Pvt) LTD. (Spring & Summer, “we”, “us”, “our”) take your online privacy very seriously and strive to protect your anonymity.
We strive to make sure that the data we collect are used as intended.
The Privacy Statement explains to you the following:
1) What data do we collect?
- When you visit Springandsummer.lk, we collect several kinds of information from you.
- 1.1) Personal Information
When we refer to your ‘personal information’, we are referring to information that identifies you as a particular individual.
This includes information such as your name, address(es), email address, telephone/mobile number and such information that you provide us with when you place an order, sign up for offers/competitions or when you join our mailing service.
We collect and use such information to process and dispatch your order.
We may at times ask for other details such as birthdays, age and other information that we use for profiling and marketing purposes.
Providing us with this type of information is totally voluntary.
You can choose to sign up for our weekly newsletter and to receive other marketing communications from us.
By consenting to receive this information you will receive marketing communications from us using any contact method which you have provided us with, including by post, email, SMS, MMS and telephone.
On occasion we may ask for feedback from you about the usage or services our Website provides to help us develop and improve it further.
1.1a) What do we do with your personal information?
Spring & Summer understand the importance of such information and will use data collected from Springandsummer.lk responsibly and only to benefit our customers.
There are many ways in which we use your information:
- Your personal information will be used to process the transaction.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties who provide us with services to fulfil your order. Such as, warehouse operators, customer service providers, delivery personal or others who will require access to your information.
- You may receive promotional material about products and goods we offer. However, you may opt out from receiving such material at any time.
- We will use the feedback survey to improve our website and enhance your online experience.
- We may use your information while administering a contest or promotion.
- We may on occasion send newsletters to offer your promotions or sales. This too you are able to opt out of.
- For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
- If we are required by law to disclose any personal information in order to comply with any legal obligations or in instances where we must protect our self from fraud we will hand our personal information to the authorities.
We will keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for these purposes.
- 1.2) Cookies on SpringandSummer.lk & How we use them
In addition to personal information, we collect data about your visit to our site using “cookies”. We’d like to give you more information about how we use “cookies” on SpringandSummer.lk. A cookie is a piece of information our Website will place on your computer’s hard drive that can track your movements while you are on the Website, it will also recognise you when you visit our Website again. Please be assured that cookies don't harm your computer and our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, such as credit card details.
We use the encrypted information collected by them to help improve your experience of our site, by enabling us to store items in your shopping basket between visits, remembering your preferences and remembering you when you log into our site and helping us to identify and resolve errors.
To ensure you get the best online shopping experience when using our site, we’d encourage you to accept all cookies from SpringandSummer.lk
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent that.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
If you disable all cookies on your browser, you will not be able to take advantage of the sites features.
These “cookies” can be divided into 4 types each of which is outlined below.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable the site to provide services you have asked for such as remembering your shopping bag items.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
This type collect anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable us to improve how the site operates.
For example we utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns.
The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These remember choices you make such as language, search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and make the visits more tailored and pleasant.
The information is also merged with other users on an anonymous basis to enable us to improve how the site operates.
For example our Saved Items feature utilises a cookie to remember the products which you have expressed a wish to save whilst browsing our website.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
2) How we protect yours information?
- Spring & Summer takes our customers security very seriously and strive to protect your information. We will not disclose/sell any of your personal data to any outside party.
- This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in processing orders and providing services to you. We use a secure server to store your information.
- As this is sensitive data, access to such information is only available to approved personal.
3) Who has access to your data?
- As mentioned above, your information may be shared with our trusted service providers.
- These people include: warehouse operators, customer service providers, delivery personal or others who will require access to your information.
- We will only provide this information to those who need it to carry out their job.
- They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we tell them.
- They will not be entitled to use it in their own right.
- We will not provide your details to individuals who are not relevant or needed in the transaction of processes, except where required to do so as a part of the sale or transfer of our business, in whole or in part.
4) Third party sites
- Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties.
- If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
5) Disclosures of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that S&S sells or buys any business or assets;
- if S&S or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ASOS, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6) How you can opt out?
- If you require further information regarding cookies and how you can deny them access you can find information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please be advised, if you disable all cookies on your browser, you will not be able to take advantage of the sites features.
- Spingandsummer.lk also provides our customers the choice not to receive any promotional, sale, advertising material directly from us by opting out.
- You are able to do this at the end of any registration on Springandsummer.lk
Once you tick the box stating you wish to opt out you will not receive any communication from Springandsummer.lk.
- However, if you have placed an order with us we may contact you if we require further information and only if it is necessary.
- Spring & Summer believe the security and confidentiality of your information is of our highest priority.
- We have set in place technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect our customers’ personal information from unauthorized personal.
- We try our best to make our online security system impenetrable.
- However, despite our efforts, we maybe penetrable and our information may become vulnerable.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure.
- As the transmission via internet is not completely secure despite our best efforts.
- Hence, we cannot guarantee the security of the information provided to us.
- Any information and transaction is at your own risk.
- However, we will strive to protect your information to the bets of our ability.
- This Privacy Statement may change and therefore you should review it regularly. We will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
9) Contacting us
- Spring & Summer Fashion Collections (Pvt) LTD. (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
- You have the right to access the information which Spring & Summer holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You may lodge an access request for free, but depending upon the personal information you request, we may impose a charge to recover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such change upon receiving your access request, and confirm whether you wish to proceed and pay such charge.
- We are always pleased to hear from our customers (even if it is a complaint!). We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied - we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service member of the ASOS team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
Customer Service E-mail – [email protected]
Customer Service Number – 011 406 1875